As a Junior Support Engineer for Mindstone Consulting, you will provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting, as well as Installation work directly to our customers, from our offices located in Calgary.
• Work as part of a team to provide technical support for customers’ existing hardware and/or software installations and resolve as soon as reasonable possible using the resources available to you.
• Answer customer phone calls, log support tickets and work on them through to resolution
• Assist to Build and Configure new hardware including Sonicwall Routers, Unifi Wireless Access Points and Switches, Servers, PC’s and Laptops.
• Install, configure, and support Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10 Professional or higher) as well as basic support for Server applications such as Microsoft email and database applications.
• Respond to alerts from our monitoring system to provide Pro-Active maintenance, resulting in less outages and downtime for our customers
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Good to excellent understanding of Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10 or higher)
• Good / Basic understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems, as well as related applications such as DNS, DHCP, SharePoint, Exchange and SQL.
• Basic knowledge of Apple Mac operating system as well as iPhone / iPad device troubleshooting including other mobile vendors (HTC, Google, Samsung etc.)
• Demonstrate a good level of troubleshooting and show the ability to diagnose and resolve potentially complex issues through to their resolution.
• Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers both on the phone and in person, as well as the ability to explain potentially complicated issues in a way customers can understand.
• Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written and customer facing (emails, documentation etc.)
• Be able to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team to resolve potentially complex issues, but also work on your own to perform installations and project work when required.
• Previous experience working for an IT provider/MSP would be beneficial.
Mindstone Consulting offers a competitive salary as well as taking pride in a fun, friendly and creative working environment. As part of keeping our staff equally as happy as our customers, we try to not travel outside of the Calgary area to ensure a healthy work / life balance.
Lastly, we encourage our staff to play further key roles in our ongoing expansion as we build our business, as such there will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career within the company.
SUBMIT YOUR CV …
We’d love to hear from you.